IMD SOLICITORS LLP COMPLAINTS HANDLING PROCEDURE
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards. If at any point you become unhappy with the service we provide to you or you have concerns about your bill, then you should inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem for you.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. You may send your complain:
- By post to:
Attn: Marcin Durlak
Complaints Handling Partner
IMD Solicitors LLP
- By email to:
Marcin Durlak, Complaints Handling Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our complaints handling partner, Marcin Durlak, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. Marcin Durlak will then invite you to a meeting or telephone conference to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. Within three days of the meeting, Mr Durlak will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is not otherwise possible, Mr Durlak will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for someone unconnected with the matter at the firm to review his decision.
7. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
8. If, having received our initial decision, you do not contact us within 14 days of a date of a decision requesting that it is reviewed, then our decision will be deemed final.
9. If we are unable to resolve your complaint within eight weeks after you have brought it to our attention, then you can have the complaint independently looked at by the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman investigates complaints about poor service from lawyers.
The Legal Ombudsman can investigate complaints up to six years from the date of the problem happening or within three years of when you found out about the problem. If you wish to refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman this must be done within twelve months of our final response to your complaint. The contact details for the Legal Ombudsman are as follows:
Telephone 0300 555 0333 between 8.30am to 5.30pm
Calls from both mobiles and landlines to 03 numbers cost no more than calls to national geographic numbers (starting 01 or 02). Calls are recorded and may be used for training and monitoring purposes.
For minicom call 0300 555 1777
In writing: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
Do not send original documents to the Legal Ombudsman. They will scan any documents you send to make computer copies and then destroy the originals.
10. If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
11. We will not charge you for handling your complaint.